Well, I have heard a RUMOR: re-trial is a GO.
HOWEVER: The press is reporting that NO DECISION has been made yet, based on comments made today by Melissa McKowan.
Our source is a fairly highly placed source.
Aside from that rumor, I was already fairly confident that a decision had been made in this matter yesterday, based some specific uptakes in site metrics, but did not know what the decision was at that point.
I assume at this point that this means that the plan is that at the August 28th hearing, the DA's office will officially tell the court that they will go ahead and schedule a retrial, unless the defense proposes a suitable plea bargain in the mean time.
Again, rumors and assumptions, accompanied by a "no decision yet" quote from McKowan.
I have no more helpful details at this point. No news is... Well, No News.